Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Grocery Shopping Trips - Week of 4/1/12

The bulk of my weekly grocery shopping is complete, between trips to Aldi and Harris Teeter.

I spent $29 at Aldi and walked away with enough produce to feed the neighborhood. For $1.29 per 3 pack of bell peppers, I had to stock up! I plan to freeze some and roast a few others. I expect that much of the produce should keep well to carry us into next week's meals.


I bought:

2 heads of cauliflower
1 lb broccoli
2 pints cherry tomatoes
1 artisan lettuce
1 cucumber
1 pint baby bella mushrooms
6 bell peppers
1 bag baby carrots
2.5 lbs bananas
1 avocado
strawberries
dried cranberries
almonds
tortilla chips
whole grain waffles
parmesan cheese
pork chops


On my way home, I made a quick stop at Harris Teeter to pick up a few free Kashi meals and $0.49 half gallons of milk. I also added in a few items that I couldn't find at Aldi - black beans (ok, Aldi has them, but I think they're gross), brown rice, and whole wheat couscous. I would have spent $6.50 on these items, but I paid with a Visa Gift Card, which was a rebate from Harris Teeter purchases I made earlier this winter.


I would love to say that my shopping is done for the week - seeing that I'm WAY under budget - but the warm weather seems to be making me forgetful, and I know I'll need to head back out before the week is over.

How did your grocery shopping go this week? Have you already done it, or do you wait until the new sale ads begin on Wednesdays?

No comments:

Post a Comment